The Rhode Island Advance-CTR program is a statewide hub of research resources and services for clinical and translational investigators in Rhode Island.
We support Rhode Island investigators through funding, research resources and services, and professional development offerings. Ultimately, we hope that these efforts fuel discoveries and collaborations that are responsive to the health priorities of our state’s diverse communities.
- To support the enhancement of infrastructure and human resources required to address clinical and translational research needs in Rhode Island.
- To strengthen clinical and translational research that addresses the broad spectrum of health challenges faced by populations in Rhode Island.
- To foster and coordinate collaboration in clinical and translational research across our partner institutions in Rhode Island and with other institutions in the IDeA-CTR network.
Advance-CTR is composed of two award cores, three service cores, and two administrative cores. They are:
- Pilot Projects Program
- Professional Development Core
- Biostatistics, Epidemiology, and Research Design Core
- Biomedical Informatics, Bioinformatics, and Cyberinfrastructure Enhancement Core
- Community Engagement & Outreach Core
- Administrative Core
- Tracking and Evaluation Core
Advance-CTR is a statewide partnership between Brown University (prime institution), the University of Rhode Island, Care New England, Lifespan, the VA Providence Healthcare System, and the Rhode Island Quality Institute.