Mountain West IDeA Clinical and Translational Research –Infrastructure Network (CTR-IN)
We are pleased to announce that the Mountain West CTR-IN was funded effective September 15, 2013! This initial cycle will run through June 30, 2018.
Our Mission is:
- To accelerate the development of capacity, and the necessary institutional culture change,
- To increase the quantity, quality, and number of successful NIH grant applications in clinical and translational research,
- In the 7 Mountain West IDeA States, thereby accelerating scientific discovery to improve health in the region
Hosted at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV), our CTR-IN is supported by the NIH through the National Institute of General Medical Sciences (NIGMS) #1U54GM104944-01A1 under the Institutional Development Award (IDeA) program. The IDeA CTR awards are focused on the development of clinical and translational research capacity in IDeA states. The Mountain West CTR-IN will accomplish this by providing a range of services that will help investigators with faculty appointments at partner institutions develop the skills and experience to conduct clinical or translational research. CTR-IN Cores will provide those services (see list below).
The CTR program encourages partnerships between institutions with limited expertise and infrastructure for clinical and translational research and established clinical and translational centers, including institutions with Clinical and Translational Science Awards (CTSAs) and Research Centers in Minority Institutions (RCMIs). We are fortunate to have both a CTSA and an RCMI partner graciously lending their expertise. We join 4 other CTRs across the nation, those at the West Virginia University and Louisiana State University were funded in the fall of 2012, while ours, the University of Oklahoma and the University of Delaware were funded in the fall of 2013.
The Mountain West CTR-IN is hosted at the University of Nevada, Las Vegas. It was developed as an activity of the Mountain West Research Consortium (MWRC) and represents a partnership among the following 13 universities across our 7 states:
- University of Alaska – Anchorage
- University of Alaska – Fairbanks
- University of Hawaii – Manoa (RCMI partner)
- Boise State University
- Idaho State University
- University of Idaho
- Montana State University
- University of Montana
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas (host)
- University of Nevada Reno, including the University of Nevada School of Medicine
- New Mexico State University
- University of New Mexico (CTSA partner)
- University of Wyoming
Click here to visit the Mountain West CTR website